[scribus] text variables

Norman Dowe normanmdowe at gmail.com
Sun May 29 15:24:38 UTC 2016

I am using Scribus 1.52 and could not find any documentation telling me how
to use the "text variables" that were listed as a feature in Scribus 1.5x. I
missed it because the menu doesn't refer to "Text Variable" but to "Variable
Text".

It can be accessed from the Insert | Marks | Variable Text  menu. Once
there, you can name a mark and associate desired text with it.  Afterwards,
you can use menu structure to access the named mark and change the
associated "variable text". This is a nice feature when used with master
pages.