[scribus] Link Text behavior on laptop

Michael Taylor-Noonan taylornoonan at gmail.com
Thu May 19 14:19:25 UTC 2016

On 05/18/2016 03:46 PM, Michael Taylor-Noonan wrote:

> My first post, please tell me if this is inappropriate on this mailing
> list.
>
> (First, a huge thanks to all who helped develop Scribus... I'm switching
> from a proprietary DTP program, and find it easy to use and powerful.)
>
> Now my question. I usually use 1.5.1 on a Win 10 laptop, with wireless
> mouse. Every so often I forget my mouse and use the trackpad. When
> linking text using the trackpad, you cannot scroll down to a different
> page . I would have thought as soon as your mouse pointer moves to the
> scroll bar it should change back to pointer from the link text. But it
> doesn't. Am I missing something?

This is the perfect place for this question.

Trying this out in Win7 and 1.5.2 (desktop), I don't see the problem
with the pointer.
I do see that neither PgDn or arrow keys work, though. What does work
with a mouse is the scrollwheel, so you might try the scrolling area of
the trackpad to see if that works. Otherwise, try clicking on the next
page arrow at the bottom of the Scribus window, even if it doesn't
change to a pointer.

Seems odd, wonder if this is some Win 10 issue...

Greg

Thanks, Greg. The idea about clicking on the next page at the bottom of the Scribus works!
Michael