[scribus] scribus 1.5 - general questions

Václav Šmilauer eu at doxos.eu
Sat Mar 26 14:19:34 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

I am new to the list and farily new to Scribus and I try to typeset some
little things with Scribus now, as experiment (I did most of this in
TeX, usually). Please point me to the manual if something is covered
there (and I did not find it). I am using 1.5 trunk (packaged for Ubuntu
16.04).

1. How to make a 3-fold brochure without adding guides by hand? Scribus
<1.5 offered 3-fold paper in the templates, but I don't see that in 1.5
now. What I did was to create the document in 1.4 and open it then with
1.5, but is there some proper way? This is what the dialogue looks like
in 1.4 and 1.5:

I do have the scribus-template package installed (version 1.2.4.1-2),
which is what scribus-trunk lists as suggested (optional) dependency.

2. How to make separating horizontal line (maybe half-width of the
paragraph), which flows with the text? I've seen some workarounds (like
http://impagina.org/newsletter/ where space-only paragraph with forced
justified and underlined text is created) but perhaps this feature has
been implemented since then otherwise? In LibreOffice, for instance, is
Horizontal Line a special predefined paragraph style.

Thanks for help!

Vaclav