[scribus] Scribus 1.5svn font

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Mar 23 19:15:16 UTC 2016

Dear Wena,

I am impressed that you are still making new documents and using new
programs at the age of 76 years. I hope I can do the same, if I ever
reach that age.

I am glad that you found that the exported PDF files are perfect, when
opening with Adobe Reader. I thank you that you have reported back to
this list, so that we can relax and note that all is well after all.

You made me curious - it had never occurred to me to open a
Scribus-export by a browser. Since I do not have Firefox, I just tried
one of my PDFs from Scribus via the Opera browser: Nothing happened for
a long time and then I got a progress bar saying "Initializing..." for a
very long time (while I am typing this).

I had just asked you why you are using the 1.5svn in case there would be
other versions, which might work better for you. (I got yelled at once
on this list for recommending something not appropriate for that user.)
But if your version is producing what you need, that is fine.

Update: My Opera has still not opened my PDF file and the progress-bar
has not moved at all, so I stopped it. For my needs this is no problem,
just surprising, since the few PDFs I look at online normally take more
time than web pages but open fine in either Opera or Chrome...

all for now, back to our respective documents, greetings,

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin
responsable GʊGʊ