[scribus] Heads Up all Right-to-Left language folks, we need your attention

Kunda kunda at scribus.net
Wed Mar 23 01:04:22 UTC 2016

Hey everyone,

Very soon Scribus will merge some source code that a team in Oman has been
working on for the past 6 months. This code is not fully complete and is
not meant at all to be used in production. What it does is change some of
the underlying layout infrastructure and introduces possibilities to use
RTL languages.

We need testers, that's right, we need participation to test these changes
to Scribus. Arabic, Hebrew, Hindi etc... etc... (vertical languages are not
yet supported) so we can catch as many bugs as possible.

The timing is important though and this is because the funding for the Oman
team has come to a completion. They have worked for 6 months as far as I
understand under governmental grant to support Open Source Software. So we
need a concentrated effort to find bugs while they still can direct their
efforts to Scribus.

The plan is that we'll be providing test builds for all major platforms
Linux, Windows, and MacOSX so that anyone could d/l, run and start
conducting tests. We'll talk a little more about what type of tests we're
asking you to conduct in a follow-up email.

Thank you for your attention.

Cheers,
Kunda