[scribus] Bullets and numbering

Ken Springer snowshed1 at q.com
Wed Mar 2 15:39:02 UTC 2016

On 3/1/16 1:21 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 03/01/2016 12:50 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
>> Scribus 1.4.6
>>
>> Can it do bullets and numbering?  Searching Help doesn't seem to come up
>> with anything.
>>

> https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus_Video_Tutorials#Creating_bullet_lists
>
> I presume you mean numbering as in a list, as opposed to page numbering.

Correct.

> This video is a bit dated, but shows the process. There might be a
> nonvideo page on the wiki about this, but I'm not sure.

The video definitely does not apply to 1.4.6 or 1.5.1.  The Help File
for 1.5.1 says there's automatic bullets, but doesn't bother to tell you
where to find the settings.

One thing I've noticed about a lot of help files...  To access a
feature, the file will say "Open X and select Y".  The problem is, they
don't tell you where X is.  :-(  Extremely frustrating for the new user.

I'll have to find the wiki and see if it's there.

The devs have put things in the Windows menu that I would never look for
under that menu heading.  Such as Align and Distribute.  You're aligning
and distributing frames, not windows.

Also discovered that closing the program doesn't close the help window.
  Bad manners there.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.8.5