[scribus] Compiling Scribus for Qt5

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Tue Mar 1 11:40:41 UTC 2016

This is purely "just for fun", so just tell me if I try something
impossible.

As I was interested in Qt5 libraries for my somewhat older Linux, I
downloaded the sources and browsed the documentation. The first thing I
found was how to compile the source statically into $HOME/qt5.

Having done so, I wonder how to compile and link the Scribus 1.5 source
to this version.

Compiling Qt5,
- "make" ran through flawlessly
- I have not yet issued "make install" because it wasn't mentioned - is
it necessary, anyway?

If I am not completely on the wrong path up to here, what would be the
necessary options to give for linking the Scribus sources to my personal
qt5?

Thanks for your advice!

Regards
Rolf