[scribus] Releases for Debian family of Linux.

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Wed Jan 27 18:52:45 UTC 2016

The Debian family of releases of Scribus is
prominent in its absence. The Debian family
includes Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Knoppix and so on. The
typical format of distribution files has a suffix
of .deb.

On my main computer I use Slackware 14.1 and
compile from source using the script from luc.
But my wife uses a 32 bit laptop with Knoppix.

Short of setting up the laptop to compile from
source is there a way to get a 1.5.0 or later
version of Scribus for a 32 bit Debian family
computer as described above?

This problem arose when I attempted to use the
laptop during the recent snowstorm. I could copy
files from one machine to the other via the
local net but I couldn't get Scribus to run on
the laptop.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press