[scribus] Import Multiple Picture Files via xml file

Perrine Lenfantin perrine.lenfantin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 16:06:14 UTC 2016

Dear Scribus community,

I am a beginner user of Scribus. I used to work with InDesign and would
like to make a change.
I have one specific need : importing multiple (200-400) picture files
(.jpeg, .png, .tif, etc.) automatically into one document.
On InDesign, I use a very simple xml file (with <article> nodes containing
both <text> and <picture> sub-nodes) and a script which imports it and
places the frames where I need them.
I have looked at the xml importing add-ins offered with scribus and can't
find an existing tool for this.

Now my enquiries :
* Did I overlook something, is it already possible?
* If I didn't, I would be interested in working on a solution, especially
if this is sth others would find useful : so, is it?
* As a new user with very little experiment in development (one has to
start somewhere...), I would need advice and help as to where to look, what
to expect, etc. Apart from this list, is there any other place to ask? (And
is it ok to ask here?)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Perrine Lenfantin

--