[scribus] Software compatibility

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jan 19 16:20:26 UTC 2016

hey

On 19/01/16 17:11, William Bader wrote:

>> Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 18:15:50 +0300
>> From: alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
>> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
>> Subject: Re: [scribus] Software compatibility
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 6:10 PM, ale rimoldi wrote:
>>
>>> p.s.: you can imagine what happened the day, i saw this book being
>>> published: http://www.brain-media.de/scribus-1-5-kompakt.html :-)
>> Look on the brighter side: books on Scribus tend to have little sales.
>> Wait, did I say "_brighter_ side"? :)
>>
>> Alex
>
> Given those two issues, is it worth revising the Scribus documentation license to make it compatible with free Linux distributions like Fedora?

sadly, it's unlikely.

but there were some sentences exchanged about creating a new free help
that would not be the same as the official manual (which would stay less
free).

personally, i'm taking notes that could be used to compile a scribus
help, but there is not enough stuff in there to start writing it... and
right now i have more than enough projects open...

ciao
a.l.e