[scribus] Scribus Graphics.

Owen Cook owen.cook at gmx.com
Sun Jan 3 04:42:10 UTC 2016

> From: "wena-parry at talktalk.net" <wena-parry at talktalk.net>

> I would like to learn Scribus Graphics, I have attempted learn from the little bits that have come to light on this forum. Some one had said that it is better than Ink Scape??
>
> Is it.

Have a look at the Scribus Wiki. Under HOWTO ( http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Category:HOWTO ) you will find lots of tutorials to do graphical things. Eg, http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/How_to_create_some_spooky_text or http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/How_to_create_your_own_colours

All good stuff but a bit advanced. Perhaps some simpler procedures can be found at http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Category:Images

And there is also http://www.thomas-zastrow.de/texte.php?kat=scribus&sf=colSt.frg

However, using the right tool for the right job is probably the most sensible mantra to live by. Inkscape is a vector graphics program, probably the best around, so use or learn that to do you vector graphics. Some elements of Inkscape's SVG's cannot be imported into Scribus.

Good luck

Owen