[scribus] 2 generic questions about Scribus

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Feb 20 21:23:39 UTC 2016

On 02/20/2016 11:33 AM, Ken Springer wrote:
> 1.  For those using any of the 1.5 releases, how have you found the
> level of bugs/issues/etc. to be compared to the latest stable release?

At this point, I think the number of issues/bugs is minimal for a
developmental release, plus you have access to some features you won't
find in the stable release.

> 2.  Will Scibus generate a Table of Contents and Index?

Creating a Table of Contents or Index remains a bit of a manual job, but
there is a somewhat aging wiki page on this. AFAIK, it should still
apply to 1.5.1. The main thing may be some rearrangement of Document Setup.

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Creating_a_Table_of_Contents

> I just finished my first Scribus effort, albeit small.  Planning on
> tackling a slightly larger project, and would try the latest and
> greatest unless there are more issues cropping up than you've usually
> found in the past.

Good luck!

Greg