[scribus] Embedding fonts in a PDF file

Geoffrey Dow geoffdow at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 05:15:48 UTC 2016

My experience, which goes back to 2012 or so (I forget the version number)
under Linux and which is now with 1.4.3 (or is that 2? The launch screen
shows the latter, About the former) is that the default is, indeed, that
the user has to remember to embed fonts.

And, as a user, I'd like to add my voice to those who think that embedding
should be the default behaviour. I've done everything from brochures, to 64
page magazines to a 200+page book (thank you, Scribus and Scribus devs, by
the way!), and in each use-case, I would have found it more useful to have
to disable embedding than to enable it.

Geoff

Geoffrey Dow, www.ed-rex.com | https://twitter.com/ed_rex
The Old Man's Last Sauna now