[scribus] Embedding fonts in a PDF file

Michael Holmes mh.holmes at verizon.net
Mon Feb 15 17:24:06 UTC 2016

I've just joined the Scribus list, although I've been using Scribus for
several months now.  It's a great package!  I have one suggestion for
improving the package:  I think that there should be a Preferences
setting to automatically embed fonts when doing a PDF export.  As it is
now in 1.4.6, you have to remember to specify this every time you do an
export.  It seems like an obvious candidate for a Preferences setting,
under the PDF Export category in Preferences.

I only use Scribus about once a month or so, and it's easy to forget
this step.  The resulting PDF will look fine on my machine, since I have
all the fonts that I used, but the fonts will get changed when viewed on
a different machine that doesn't have them.

Is this the right list for this suggestion, or should I also subscribe
to the dev list?

Thanks!