[scribus] I want to see only my own templates

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Aug 31 15:01:30 UTC 2016

On 08/31/2016 10:17 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
> hi andrzej

>>> Or better keep all subfolders
>>> and just edit the template.xml (or template.fr.xml... file depending
>>> on your langage)
>>> and delete all unwanted template declaration.
>>>
>>> JL
>>
>> I use Linux OS. After first run Scribus creates in hiden dir .scribus
>> in my home directory
>> 1. file: checkfonts.xml
>> 2. dirs: plugins, scrapbook, swatches
>> Then I do nothing and close it. And Scribus adds:
>> 3. prefs150.xml, scribus150.rc, scribusshapes.xml
>>
>> The are no template...xml
>> If "New from template -> Bussiness Cards -> Business Card Collection"
>> then template is downloaded.
>> If I close doing nothing Scribus writes:
>> 4. file:charpalette.ucp
>>
>> Scibus creates template.xml in my template directory if I save a
>> document as template.
>> It seems my probelm is in the code.
>
> it's not a good idea to mess with the files installed by the package
> manager (or by an installer).
>
> so: if scribus provides default templates and it has no way to remove
> them, leave them where they are, and ignore them.

I don't see any reason not to get rid of templates you don't want, since
there are so many of them. It won't break Scribus.
If you are using the standard installation locations, you will find the
templates inside /usr/share/scribus/templates

If you have specified your own installation directory because you
compiled Scribus on your own, they will be in
yourdirectory/share/scribus/templates

If you have any anxiety about breaking something, then copy them out to
some other place for a backup before deleting.

Greg