[scribus] Joy: white paper is boring

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Thu Apr 14 06:55:22 UTC 2016

Thanks for sharing such a nice experience and enthousiast testomony.

Le 14/04/2016 08:42, ZASKE Martin a écrit :
> So happy: For weeks we have been struggling with the need to produce
> bitmaps for electronic publishing on a non-white background.
> Our workaround was to have one extra bottom layer with just a filled
> shape (yes, a colored box) on it and bleeding somewhat over the
> page-edges. This workaround had several disadvantages, like not seeing
> where the page ends and not seeing the guide-lines. (This would be a
> secondary issue, why the guidelines seem to be the "lowest" items and
> not on top of stuff.)

In the "guides" tab of the document setup-preferences-options-setting dialog,
you can choose which is the z-layer of guides, margins, grids and layout items.
This enables to bring guides and margins on top of elements if you wish so...
Doesnt it fullfull your wishes ?
(but of course, doing so could be a hindrance in some other cases)

JLuc