[scribus] Text styles and text attributes - Re: scribus Digest, Vol 97, Issue 4

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Wed Apr 6 13:24:40 UTC 2016

Le 05/04/2016 15:48, Giovanni Bianchessi a écrit :

>> Maybe you could set up a workflow where you first open your .docx files
>> in Word or OpenOffice and use some intelligent search and replace or
>> macros to "tidy up" the styles. And then import a cleaner document into
>> Scribus. Just ideas.

> I prefer, if possible, not to use styles as I done with my previous DTP program.
> At the end of publishing I’ll have got many styles.
> And since I use to modify the previous document to create the next one, at the end of the job I would have to be erased many styles wasting many time to manage them.

It could be that you could learn new way to use styles.

It's efficient to use styles because they can be edited in only one place
at any time in the document's life, and this changes the whole layout design.
When shifting to another doc,
you dont have to delete all styles and recreate them from scratch :
you can just edit the styles properties that dont fit the new project layout,
keeping the whole styles architecture.

Of course, it wont be usefull in case your new document's style architecture
is totaly different.

JL