[scribus] Improvements in 1.5.1

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Sep 30 11:46:41 UTC 2015

On 09/30/2015 02:36 AM, Craig Bradney wrote:

> On 30 Sep 2015, at 08:28, Peter Nermander <peter at nermander.se> wrote:
>
>>> How do I change that default? I can't find it in
>>> he *.rc file.
>> Editing the .rc file is not the correct way to change default settings.
>>
>> The correct way is to change settings with no document open. That way you
>> change the defaults.
>>
>> If you change settings with a document open, those settings only apply to
>> that document.
>

> That's not true. The .rc and .xml prefs files are what's used as defaults and mostly represented in the Preferences window. They can be edited with a document open however the document related settings will not apply to the open documents. Those are changed under Document Settings.

I looked into John's orginal question, and note that Linespacing is a
feature of Paragraph styles, in this case the Default Paragraph Style.
This does not seem to be part of the .rc file.

Delving into the code, I am able to find a file
'paragraphstyleattrdefs.cxx' where there is a line

ATTRDEF(ParagraphStyle::LineSpacingMode, lineSpacingMode,
LineSpacingMode, ParagraphStyle::FixedLineSpacing)

I tried changing the last parameter to ParagraphStyle::AutomaticLineSpacing,
recompiling, but this did not seem to change the default style.

Greg