[scribus] Improvements in 1.5.1

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Sep 30 06:48:55 UTC 2015

hey peter

> > How do I change that default? I can't find it in
> > he *.rc file.
> >

> Editing the .rc file is not the correct way to change default
> settings.
>
> The correct way is to change settings with no document open. That way
> you change the defaults.
>
> If you change settings with a document open, those settings only
> apply to that document.

mmm not bad, but could need some improvements :-)

changing the preferences is for

- preferences that are independent from the current document (like the
  UI language)
- settings for the documents that you will be creating in the future

the preferences dialog mostly behaves the same, if a document is open or
not (except for things like manipulating the list of fonts, iirc)

on the other side, changes in the "document setup" only apply to the
current document.

but what i consider 100% correct is that modifying the .rc file is a...
very special habit...

ciao
a.l.e