[scribus] OpenType alternate glyph support

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Tue Sep 1 18:35:30 UTC 2015

+1 from me

Looked over the link from Greg and got browsing... All looking good, not
least the select-font-issue. Have always hated that each font is just
showing its name (how can I compare "Gill" with "Verdana"?), would much
need to enter my own key-characters for font-selection (and filters for
licensing).

Re OT-features:
Would only need alternate glyphs for literacy purposes in Scribus; not
ligatures.

Making features - which are already built into our fonts - available via
the Scribus GUI is a good thing.

If Alex or anybody will propose bounty, where will this happen? Have I
missed something? Is there already a wish-list-place with paypal on one
of the Scribus websites?

If you have something like this (on Kickstarter or wherever), please let
this list know. Guess, those of us who cannot code, can at least send
proof of which features are important to our respective projects.

greetings,
Martin