[scribus] ImageMagick and 1.5.1 compile

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Thu Oct 29 06:55:06 UTC 2015

> Gesendet: Montag, 26. Oktober 2015 um 21:01 Uhr
> Von: "John Culleton" <John at wexfordpress.com>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: Re: [scribus] ImageMagick and 1.5.1 compile
>
> On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 20:50:30 +0100
> Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:
>

> > > On 26 Oct 2015, at 19:55, John Culleton
> > > <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> > > I added GraphicsMagick to my system and the
> > > error message went away. But I write for
> > > customers who may use a precompiled version of
> > > Scribus downloaded from the web site, mainly
> > > Scribus 1.4.5. How do they go about adding
> > > GraphicsMagick capability to Scribus?
> > >
> > > —
> >
> > John you just answered this yourself… they
> > install GraphicsMagick.
> >
> > Some items are required at build time, and that
> > is dependent on the way their system builds
> > Scribus or they build Scribus. Simple. If their
> > default installation from their distort doesn’t
> > include an option for items at build time then
> > they need to submit a bug to their distort.
> >
> > Craig
> >

> > ___
>

> If they download an .exe version from the Scribus
> site and don't compile as such what then?

What then? Almost nothing, except for the lack of support for GIMP XCF files. Apart from XCF import, GraphicsMagick is not needed to operate Scribus 1.5.x in any meaningful way. GIMP can convert almost any relevant pixel format in the world into something that Scribus can import (most notably PSD and ORA).

HTH,

Christoph