[scribus] Manual for 1.5.1

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Oct 11 15:51:54 UTC 2015

On 10/11/2015 10:57 AM, John Culleton wrote:
> When I fire up 1.5.1 I have three sources
> available for documentation and help, the
> Scribus manual, The Online Documentation and
> the Wiki.
>
> 1. Today which is the most comprehensive?
>
> 2. Today which is the most up to date?
>
> I recognize that user level documentation is
> often the last in line where development is
> concerned. (Hey, I used to manage programmers.)
> But I am writing a guide for those using Scribus
> for book cover creation and I don't want to lead
> them astray. My proposed release date for my
> guide is whenever the magic number moves to 1.6.0.
>
> In the meantime my thanks to all those folks who
> are contributing to development. My personal
> toolkit is too outdated to be of help (COBOL,
> anyone?)

The manual is by far the most comprehensive and organized, though one
might argue that the Wiki might rival it in some areas. The problem with
the wiki is that it is rather haphazard. You can't beat the wiki for
esoteric topics.

After the release of the official manual, we made an effort to
incorporate some of its information in the online manual, which in
general should be more up to date. There is some need of improvement in
the online manual for 1.5.x, especially in regard to screenshots. There
are also features still in a state of flux, a bit of an impediment to
adding/editing parts of it.

Greg