[scribus] Improvements in 1.5.1

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Oct 3 20:11:29 UTC 2015

On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 12:53:30 +0200
Peter Nermander <peter at nermander.se> wrote:

> > I think what is normal is to have a
> > preferences selection as the last option, and
> > within the dialog box that pops up you can
> > change or reset things there.
> >

> Maybe the problem here is that to many of the
> different settings are in the same place. Maybe
> they should be split into different places?
>
> -Program preferences and
> -Document settings
> would be two suitable names, but there still is
> no clear way to let the user know how to change
> settings for all new documents.
>
> Program preferences would be anything not
> related to the documents.
>
> Document settings of course settings related to
> the document.
>
> But what settings are used for a new document?
> How do most other programs handle it?
>
> It is not intuitive that the same dialog works
> differently depending on whether a document is
> open or not, since most users tend to always
> have a document open. We can see that on the
> numerous questions about this.
>
> Maybe
> -Program preferences
> -Document settings
> -New document settings
>
> But it would take more space in the menu.
>
> /Peter

OK here is another one.

I create a text frame.
I click on the frame.
I see a label called "Edit"
But if I click on this I don't get to edit the
text in the text frame.
Instead I must click on a label that says
Content. Then I can click on Edit text.

When I click on a text frame 90% of the time
I want to edit the text in that frame. So there
should be a choice for "Edit text" as the first
choice when I click on that frame.

Also when I am in the story editor there should
be a quick exit/return to the style editor. There
used to be that feature.

BTW I still don't have a way to make the
baselineskip automatic when I am editing a
paragraph file in the style editor.

That was my original question. Any suggestions?
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press