[scribus] Grayscale palette

Barry McKenna bmcken at pobox.com
Mon Nov 30 21:07:52 UTC 2015

On 11/25/2015 5:42 AM, Peter Nermander wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Maybe what you are looking for is to create just a grayscale PDF? It's in
> the PDF Export options, Printer, Screen/web or Grayscale I think are the
> options.
>
> /Peter

w/v1.4.5

I've finally started to use Scribus for application, first in submitting
ads for my software.

"Grayscale" is a major necessity for me to understand.

One of my most important _print_ publishers (advertising) says that any
"grayscale" profile will work for their PDF/X-3 preference.

However, I can't find any specific references to "grayscale" in the
PDF/X-3 export options.

Perhaps it is clearly "implicit" and I'm just not getting it.

I have downloaded many of the color profiles referred to in the book,
but I have not inserted them into the folders.

What are my best choices for assuring specific "grayscale" output in my
Scribus PDF/X-3 documents?

Barry