[scribus] Python API question: scaleImage behavior

Christian Mandel c.mandel at gmx.net
Thu Nov 26 08:50:12 UTC 2015

Hi!

After yesterday's discussion about image scaling I tried myself a bit
the scripting possibilities. What I do not understand is the behavior of
scaleImage(). If I call scaleImage(x, y, frame), it sets the x scale to
x * 4.1667 and the same for y, independent on parameters such as the
images original scaling. Where does that number come from? The API
documentation says for scaleImage: "Sets the scaling factors of the
picture in the image frame "name". If "name" is not given the currently
selected item is used. A number of 1 means 100 %."

Scribus 1.5.0 on Ubuntu.

Thanks & best regards

Chris