[scribus] Fit photograph to frame

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Nov 25 14:56:10 UTC 2015

On 11/25/2015 08:02 AM, Christian Mandel wrote:
> Am 25.11.2015 um 11:00 schrieb ale rimoldi:
>> hey

>>> Unfortunately it does not, at least if the image has a higher y scale
>>> percentage when filling the frame (this is the test case I have),
>>> clicking the chain resets to the original scaling. But it is true,
>>> this would be an efficient enough workflow.
>>
>> eh eh... as said: it does in my experience... which normally involves a
>> bigger x than y...
>> (i knew it while writing the lines above, but was too lazy to check for
>> it...)
>>
>> currently, the chain always uses x as the reference value (now i have
>> checked in 1.5.0) and the question is: should rather use max(x,y) for
>> both?
>>
>> a trivial change, if everybody agrees that this could be useful and
>> nobody sees a problem with it!
>> if this is the case, please fill a ticket on http://bugs.scribus.net !
>
> Bug report created: 0013561 (http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=13561).
> If there are unwanted side effects or other problems that prevent this
> change, simply close the bug.

I would suggest using the script for now, making suggestions about any
improvements/enhancements, so that some new feature might more clearly
delineated. It's not clear to me that everyone sees the same use case
for it.

It is certainly feasible to add the script to 1.5.1svn, at least
temporarily, if that seems worthwhile.

Greg