[scribus] Pdf file size

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Mon Nov 2 11:19:14 UTC 2015

On 01/11/2015 13:20, Ian Whitfield wrote:

> I use the following line commend to reduce my PDFs to a reasonable size
> using ps2pdf ...
>
> ps2pdf13 File name.pdf New File name.pdf
>
> This gives me about a 33% improvement, ie from 15Mb to 5Mb.
>
> Hope this helps - PS I run Linux here.

Brilliant !  Thanks all.

The above reduced it from 11,945,106 to 1,172,770 bytes !

It does seem to have changed page 42 from portrait to landscape for some
reason (!), but at least it should be small enough to upload.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,MIEMA,MEI
Reg. Office: Unit 1A Manners Court, Manners Avenue, Ilkeston. DE7 8EF

---