[scribus] Tacky guides

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri May 29 07:51:40 UTC 2015

hi péter,

> > have you active snap to object option ?
> > Its in Page menu.
> > It should be easyer with it
> Hi JLuc
>
> "have you active snap to object option ?"
> Yes, I use this!It works well! Great feature!!!
> Sometimes you need something else!
> If many objects in page == "snap to object option" difficult to use.
>
> Guides snapping to objects: not work (there is no such function)! :-(
>
> Please, watch the video! (only just 1min.)
> 0 - 0:37: Guide snapping in Inkscape
> 0:38 - 1:28: Guide not snapping in Scribus
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8far81to1wcspe/example_2.avi?dl=0

without denying the merit to your request, in the example you're
showing, you should probably use snap to item...

as a workaround you could also use the "extend" mode in the align and
distribute tool: that way you can make two items align by resizing one
of them.

i did not have a look at the code, but i think that it should be rather
straightforward to get the guides to snap to items when the "snap to
item" mode is active.
a good introductory task, for somebody wanting to learn how to program
for scribus!

ciao
a.l.e