[scribus] recovering graphics.

Sveinn í Felli sv1 at fellsnet.is
Thu May 14 19:19:50 UTC 2015

Or if you have pdftk:
[pdftk document.pdf burst]
will create one PDF for each page.

And if you have ImageMagick and Ghostscript you can do in terminal (open
in the directory containing the PDFs):
[for f in *.pdf; do convert -thumbnail x300 -background white -alpha
remove "$f"[0] "${f%.pdf}.png"; done]

The "-thumbnail x300" is the size of the PNG, can be ajusted to any
sensible value you want. Don't know about how/if color profiles are
respected, but sure is quick and dirty.

Sveinn

Þann fim 14.maí 2015 18:52, skrifaði William Bader:
>> Is it possible to recovering graphics into Scribus from a PDF
>> file.
> The poppler PDF package http://poppler.freedesktop.org/ includes a
> pdfimages utility
> http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/easily-extract-images-from-pdf-file/
> that can extract all of the bitmapped images in a PDF.  It writes
> each image to a separate file. William
>> Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 19:26:09 +0100 From:
>> wena-parry at talktalk.net To: scribus at lists.scribus.net Subject:
>> [scribus] recovering graphics.
>>
>> Is it possible to recovering graphics into Scribus from a PDF
>> file.
>>
>> I was thinking in terms of a whole page. Then covering the old text
>> with a layer of blank over the old text and putting a text freme on
>> top leaving the graphic in place.
>>
>> I  have lost the  original scribus file and it’s graphics leaving
>> me with only the PDF file. I still have the original Doc file.
>>
>> May be there is a better way that you experts know about
>>
>> Wena
>
>  -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was
> scrubbed... URL:
> <http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/attachments/20150514/2dad90c7/attachment.html>