[scribus] Properties Panel

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Mon May 11 17:15:16 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 4:30 AM, David Burleigh <david.burleigh at gmx.com>
wrote:

> I would suggest that the rework of the Properties Panel be given a high
> priority. I am trying to persuade the worldwide organization that I am
> a part of to switch from InDesign to Scribus, but this is one feature
> that makes it an uphill battle, and so far a losing battle. In my view,
> nothing hinders usability more than this.

As a laptop/trackpad user I know exactly firsthand the issue you're
encountering. It is very frustrating. But you need to remember that is a
volunteer driven Desktop Publishing software. It's a massive beast with
many many aspects to consider. None of the devs really know ALL the code
for Scribus. Each one has their specialty. There are 3 active devs and
recently a 4th has remerged and is taking on another needed major aspect of
support (Complex Text Layout).

All the devs and dedicated users of Scribus know that UI needs a lot of
love. Right now they [devs] are busy getting 1.5 released. If you're
passionate about this topic, I encourage you to stick around and I invite
you to help rally support to attract volunteers to help propose concrete UI
changes. We've had some really interesting ones recently
http://forums.scribus.net/index.php/topic,1585.0.html &
http://forums.scribus.net/index.php/topic,1617.0.html
But there is no concrete result...yet.

There are a group of us who are volunteering their spare time to help with
these efforts but we realize it takes a village to build a DTP. So again,
if you are passionate enough, let us know.

Cheers,
/Kunda