[scribus] Adding text and images to scribus

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Mon May 4 12:11:52 UTC 2015

Le 04/05/2015 02:04, Gregory Pittman a écrit :
> On 05/03/2015 10:19 AM, Darius Blaszyk wrote:

>> Is it somehow possible with scribus to () get the metrics back ?
 > I would like to add text to an automatic text frame
 > but I need to know the X and Y position of the last
>> character in the text to do some other layout calculations.

> I don't think there is a way to automatically get a value. One thing to consider is that when you talk about the
> position of the last character, you might be talking about an edge of the visible part or the edge of the boundary of
> the glyph.

I'd be interesting in being able to get metrics of added text
and in my case, i dont need such a precision as to know
what edge or boundary in the glyph it is.
It could be the center of the glyph or the baseline left position for example.
Once the setting known, it'd be possible to automate some smarter layout.

> I workaround may be to create a vertical and horizontal guides, moving them back and forth to the point you're
> interested in, then check the measurements of the guides.

I'd be interested in knowing more about this way of doing.
What are the function names ? Are there examples ?
What is the nature of the "point" you mention : a specific glyph ?

JLuc