[scribus] Adding frame on page

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Mar 24 13:40:52 UTC 2015

On 03/24/2015 09:23 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> hi
>>> I have added a table to my page (scribus 1.4.4). How can I make the
>>> lines of the cells visible? I have set a line width of 0.25mm but
>>> nothing shows on preview.
>>>

>> Don't expect tables in Scribus to work as tables in other programs (at
>> least not until 1.5.0).
>>
>> A table in Scribus is (at least currently) just a group of text frames.
>> This means that to apply lines you will need to ungroup the cells and
>> apply
>> lines separately for each cell.
>>
>> Yes, this sucks, but that's the way Scribus works. It's generally
>> recommended to not use the tables in Scribus but to make tables some
>> other
>> way.
>
> tables in scribus suck, but not in the way you described... the trick
> with ungrouping the cells does not work anymore.
> in 1.4.x you have to select each cell by keeping the alt key down when
> clicking on it.
> then, you get a specific set of checkboxes in the line tab of the
> properties palette.
>
> the same alt key should be used for typing text in a cell. alt-double
> click on it...

At least on my Linux/Fedora, you need to hold down Shift-Alt to do this
clicking-selecting, both for setting the cell borders, and also for
entering text (double-click).

Unfortunately, you can't set all the borders of all the cells at once,
but have to sequentially work your way through them one by one. On the
plus side (maybe), you can apply different border colors to different cells.

Greg