[scribus] Adding frame on page

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Tue Mar 24 11:39:01 UTC 2015

> I have added a table to my page (scribus 1.4.4). How can I make the
> lines of the cells visible? I have set a line width of 0.25mm but
> nothing shows on preview.

Don't expect tables in Scribus to work as tables in other programs (at
least not until 1.5.0).

A table in Scribus is (at least currently) just a group of text frames.
This means that to apply lines you will need to ungroup the cells and apply
lines separately for each cell.

Yes, this sucks, but that's the way Scribus works. It's generally
recommended to not use the tables in Scribus but to make tables some other
way.

Use a text frame with tab stops and draw lines on top of it, create table
in another program and insert into Scribus as image (preferably vector
image like EPS, SVG or PDF) etc.

I think table support has been rewritten for version 1.5 but I'm not 100%
sure.

/Peter