[scribus] Building Scribus 1.5 for Window 7

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Mar 24 07:36:29 UTC 2015

hi darius

>  Can you explain why not?
>
> ale rimoldi schreef op 23 mrt '15:
>
> > hi wena
> >
> >> I had asked this question last week but for some reason it hasn't
> >> been included.
> >>
> >> I'm asking if Scribus 1.5 can be built on a Windows 7 os.
> >
> > the short (and clear) answer is no.

the answer was for wena.

it is not currently possible for her to compile scribus on windows.

of course, it *is* possible to compile scribus on windows!
but not if you have never compiled anything before.

the fact is that there is only one person having ever compiled scribus
1.5.0svn on windows!
and he did it not only once but he does it many times a day...

i think it was you who suggested to provide the precompiled
versions of the dependencies: that would of course make it much easier
to compile scribus an i would really welcome such an effort!

if you got stuck on that path, as another mail from you suggests it,
please provide some details so that other people (not me!) can
help you get through!

and for all who read through here and got scared, compiling scribus on
linux is almost trivial and it's rather easy on os x.
it's really a windows issue...

have a wonderful day
a.l.e