[scribus] Scribus 1.5.

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Wed Mar 11 17:39:26 UTC 2015

 I found scribus on Github, but it seems to be abandoned. The SVN repo
seems more recent. This is also desrcibed in the download page on the
scribus site.

Working from within a VM sounds attractive but it will turn down windows
developers that have no experience with Linux. Although you are of
course free to adjust your workflow as you like, the initial remark of
mine was to simplify development on windows, not complicate it even more
:)

a.l.e schreef op 11 mrt '15:

> hi william
> BTW: I checked SVN and found that Scribus does not come with any pre-compiled libraries and header files. Would it be a good idea to setup a new repository with these files in?
 Wouldn't including libraries require a different version of the
libraries for every Linux distribution?

it's about windows.

it's almost trivial to compile scribus on linux and you don't have to
compile any library if your distribution is somehow recent :-)

basically, the easiest way for programming for scribus on windows, is to
setup a ubuntu virtual machine with all the dependencies, qt creator and
pull the github repository inside of qt creator...

i have to find a windows computer and document how it's done :-)

ciao
a.l.e

___
Scribus Mailing List: scribus at lists.scribus.net