[scribus] Default font for Story editor.

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Jun 27 21:01:43 UTC 2015

Scribus 1.4.6 and other Scribuses tend to default
to the first available font in alphabetic order.
In my case this is aGaramond italic. I can
override this in the Style editor, but is there
a way to define my default font globally, i.e.
always there when I fire up a new session?

And a related question: how do I eliminate the
many unneeded fonts and have that deletion last
through multiple recompiles? All those Middle
Eastern and Indian etc. fonts are of interest to
some users but I work exclusively in English. I
am thinking of a solution where Scribus looks in
in a directory other than /usr/safe/fonts.
Scrolling through hundreds of fonts over and over
when I only use less than 50 is no fun.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press