[scribus] Crowdsourced translation of Scribus (via Transifex)

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 15:50:23 UTC 2015

 Hi all,

Kunda here, you’ve seen me on the ML, Bugtracker and IRC. I’d like to
announce that there is an effort to add Transifex (
https://www.transifex.com/) to the possible translation workflow. This
email is intended for current and potential new translators of Scribus,

Transifex provides a platform to collaboratively translate projects, mostly
software. We hope that the crowdsourced process can improve the translation
coverage for the Scribus UI. Also we’ve been asked in the past if it can be
used for translations. It is not open sourced but it is supporting a heck
of a lot of open source projects (Tor, Musescore, Synfig, VLC etc…to name a
few) for free. Languages that will be managed through Transifex will
directly be pulled into the Scribus code.

Transifex has three roles for volunteers:
* Translator - can simply translate the language
* Reviewer - can translate and 'green light' translations of Translators
* Coordinator - In charge of the language and can assign Translators and
Reviewers

If you want your language to be managed through transifex (or just try it
out), please:
1) Create an account at Transifex
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/scribus/
2) Email me kunda _at_ scribus _dot_ net with your login name and I’ll add
you to the appropriate language. Let me know if you are the current
maintainer of the language and I’ll set you up as Coordinator.

Note: If the translator prefers, he or she can keep on using whatever way
they’ve used for translation, i.e. Qt Linguist and post the files to the
issue tracker.

tl;dr
Scribus is exploring using Transifex to crowdsource Translations (
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/scribus/) please sign up and
contribute. FYI Scribus is still accepting translations through the
Bugtracker.

/Kunda