[scribus] text flow around another text frame. (Scribus 1.4.6)

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Jun 25 23:50:31 UTC 2015

On 06/25/2015 07:37 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> This has been discussed before I am sure, but I
> can't find the magic formula. I want text to flow
> around another text frame. I got that to work.
> But T want a little offset so that when the text
> flows it doesn't run up right next to the other
> frame. Step by step what do I need to do?

There are two approaches, and you may want to use a bit of both.

The first, as mentioned is to simply set the "Distances" for the frame
that inside or being flowed around. This can be problematic if the frame
is small, and be quite ugly.

The other is to decide what you flow around. The default of course is
the frame, but you can choose to flow around the contour line, which is
under Shape > Text Flows Around Frame > Use Contour Line.

Then, edit the frame (again under Shape), and check Edit Contour Line.
Note that amongst the buttons are a couple which expand the Contour Line
by a certain percentage all around or a certain number of points all around.

Greg