[scribus] Scribus and long documents.

Cezary Grabski czarek at oferuje.pl
Sat Jun 13 09:32:59 UTC 2015

Exactly that I have done some time ago in my branch - start re-layouting from
frame where you change samething.
Additionally I check if last character in edited frame change during edit - if
not next page was not touched and re-layouting stop.
In my sample document with 160 linked frames A4 and text with 9 pt (if I
remember about 200 000 characters) simply editing was as fast as for one
frame. Worse was when you change style and you are on the last frame.

BTW I am not sure if very big precision (double values are used in Scribus)
are required here.
I even try to switch values and calculations to integer type (where 100 is one
real point, so precision is 0,01 point), but I give up  (very massio
refactorisation of code)

cezaryece