[scribus] Importing Microsoft Publisher (.PUB) files

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 20:00:18 UTC 2015

> On 28 May 2015, at 19:07, Michael Hendry <hendry.michael at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Unfortunately, when I go to get the “Vector File” PUB is not in the list of supported file types - and although I can see the file I want, it is greyed out.
>>>
>>> I did read somewhere about a package dependency for the PUB import feature on the Mac, and suspect this may not have been compiled in to the DMG file I downloaded.
>>>

>> Thats correct. I will see if I can build libmspub manually and then include it.
>>
>> Craig
>
> Brilliant - thanks, Craig.
>
> Michael

I’ve subsequently tried downloading and installing Scribus 1.5.1 and using the PUB import feature, but found I was unable to edit a file after importing it.

Since then I’ve found that LibreOffice has a PUB import feature, and have successfully opened and edit the file I was interested in. The imported file can be saved in the LibreOffice ODG format, and worked on from there.

I suspect that Scribus has far too many features for me to comprehend, and that a simpler application such as LibreOffice Draw is a better match with my pay-grade (volunteer!).

Michael