[scribus] Scribus feature request--produce compressed PDF output

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Thu Jun 4 16:18:15 UTC 2015

Le 04/06/2015 14:01, a.l.e a écrit :
> there are solutions for producing lightweight versions of a scribus PDF, but having to rely on gs and other tools to
> shrink the pdf size (with no specification of what changes are applied to the PDF file and which characteristics are
> stripped) is not always an option...

Size matters.
I have experienced various scripts exposed on the wiki,
and found some to be very strong size reducers.
But they are undocumented and using complex commands that no expert can trace,
and i have also experienced that they do also reduce the quality
in some very bad way sometimes.
I cant trust them.

JL