[scribus] Scribus feature request--produce compressed PDF output

Thorsten Rochelmeyer thr-news at rochelmeyer.com
Thu Jun 4 08:35:24 UTC 2015

Am 03.06.2015 um 21:10 schrieb Murray Strome:
>  It would be great to have a GUI to run this script in Windows to accomplish this task, or better yet, to have the functionality built into Scribus

In my experience it is helpful to open the scribus-generated PDF with a
viewer of your choice and then print it to PDF from there (using
different filename of course). Resulting PDF is usually much smaller -
somewhere between 10% and 30% of the original filesize.
This works with Linux / KDE / Okular - not sure if you can expect the
same results in a windows environment with acrobat.

Thorsten