[scribus] Was: The program gimp is missing! Now: Image file not being opened for editing

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Mon Jun 1 16:43:49 UTC 2015

Le 01/06/2015 18:31, Michael Hendry a écrit :
> I could import a PDF version of this file

Beware that when importing a PDF
- text is vectorized : you cant edit it anymore as text, but as vector shapes
- all items are grouped and groups are grouped. As a consequence, when clicking
on an objet, you generally get a group that ought to be ungrouped so as to edit
one of its components

> But what if I wanted to edit an image which was part of the original template
 > of the bulletin, and which I can’t access?

There are 2 ways scribus uses images :

- either linked : the image file is outside the SLA file. If you move the SLA or the image file,
the link might become not valid anymore.

- or inline : image bytes are stored INSIDE the SLA file.
I seem to remember that's what happen when you import a PDF.
It could be the reason why gimp cant edit it.
By chance, you can convert the inline data into a linked file using
some option in the right click menu on the image.
Do it, save the file and then tell us whether gimp opens the image.

Good luck with scribus.
It's a nice tool.

JL