[scribus] Get text from .odt file with superscripts

Jo Evans jo.hose.evans at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 04:24:05 UTC 2015

Scribus 1.4.5, Windows 7

I have text created with OpenOffice 4.1.0 which I want to get into a text
frame. There are frequent superscript and italic characters included. The
text in the .odt file is formatted as Times New Roman 12pt, line spacing
12pt.

I have also created a Scribus paragraph style ('Body Text 12/12') with the
same parameters.

When I use 'Get Text...' to import this file into a text frame the special
formatting (superscript and italic) is retained but the line spacing is
changed to 14.4pt. If I now apply the style, Body Text 12/12 to this text
frame, the line spacing is corrected but the special formatting is lost.

Is there another strategy for applying a style without loosing special
formatting from characters within the text?

Jo Evans