[scribus] Jpeg Files and PNG files

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Jul 29 10:57:32 UTC 2015

Sorry John,

I do not enjoy to contradict, but I need to give credit to Scribus here:

What you say about vectors being better is true, but even in our
workflow there are occasions, where we can quickly do with a high-rez
PNG file, what would be complicated with a PDF (for example just cut a
page precisely in Gimp and only print a portion).

Scribus does have a great bitmap-export dialogue and can generate many
flavours:

bmp, ico, jpeg, jpg, png, tif, tiff, ppm, xbm, xpm

You can also set the quality, resolution, size and select which page or
pages you need to export.

I love the fact, that I (now) have a choice whether to name my files jpg
or jpeg. Because one of our websites has an import script with a fixed
naming-convention. In the past I needed to batch-rename my Scribus
exports but now I can just generate exactly what I need.

So, well done developers!

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin