[scribus] Python scripts

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Jul 26 13:44:14 UTC 2015

On 07/26/2015 09:02 AM, Kunda Loves Scribus wrote:
> Back to the topic of Python Scripts, I came across this repo on Github:
> https://github.com/thresherdj/robo-scribus
> "An python-based interface to drive Scribus scripts to drive automated
> document processes."
> I haven't tested it yet. It uses Tkinter which may cause a problem for some

There are certain things that Tkinter can do, such as have a dialog
which makes a number of simultaneous selections.

The down side is that the syntax for Tkinter is more obtuse than Python
by itself, so I think what we might consider advanced Python. The
CalendarWizard is an example, and while the dialog is nice, the
structure of the script shows the complexity that Tkinter throws in there.

Greg