[scribus] Python scripts

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Jul 22 11:08:22 UTC 2015

Dear list,

soon, during my upcoming holiday, I want to spend some time learning
more about Python, not least for getting even more out of Scribus.

Sorry if this is a newbie question, I looked over the wiki and could not
find it.

Python is being offered in two versions: 2.x and 3.x

What about scripts for Scribus? Do I need to learn or apply version 2.x
scripts or version 3.x?

Being entirely new and having some other tools which can benefit from
scripts, I would prefer learning Python 3. Ideas?

thanks,

Martin

PS: The "Scribus Generator" is a great tool for mail merge (rather
awesome as a sample script to learn from, but very useful in our office)