[scribus] Importing HTML

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Sat Jul 18 14:33:54 UTC 2015

> On 18 Jul 2015, at 16:19, Darius Blaszyk <dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl> wrote:
>

>> On 18 Jul 2015, at 10:31, Darius Blaszyk <dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to import html in a text frame in Scribus. The first time I
>> imported the text I got a window that asked me to map the bold and
>> italic tags to a font. Now on import I do not get this message anymore.
>> Even starting a new document or restarting Scribus does not reset my
>> settings. So they must be stored somewhere globally. First of all I
>> would not expect this to be a global setting as it might differ from
>> document to document. Secondly I don't know where to find the settings
>> so I can delete them and setup the settings correctly now. I have looked
>> in styles and deleted HTML_default but with out success. Can anyone help
>> me?
>>
> I’ trying to import html images, but I only get (omg, src:my image.jpg alt:my image). So apparently this is not yet implemented. What is needed to get this implemented? Is it possible to get in touch with the original developer and discuss this issue? I would need this functionality for a project I’m working on where I have text and image data present in a database and (now) generate html code that could be imported with scribus.

The HTML importer is meant as a text only importer. The original developer of that no longer works on Scribus. The code is in Scribus/scribus/plugins/gettext/htmlim.

A full HTML importer could be written to import “everything” (i.e. missing the stuff that doesn’t apply), or you can go through another format first maybe.

Craig