[scribus] Importing HTML

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Sat Jul 18 14:19:04 UTC 2015

> On 18 Jul 2015, at 10:31, Darius Blaszyk <dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to import html in a text frame in Scribus. The first time I
> imported the text I got a window that asked me to map the bold and
> italic tags to a font. Now on import I do not get this message anymore.
> Even starting a new document or restarting Scribus does not reset my
> settings. So they must be stored somewhere globally. First of all I
> would not expect this to be a global setting as it might differ from
> document to document. Secondly I don't know where to find the settings
> so I can delete them and setup the settings correctly now. I have looked
> in styles and deleted HTML_default but with out success. Can anyone help
> me?

I’ trying to import html images, but I only get (omg, src:my image.jpg alt:my image). So apparently this is not yet implemented. What is needed to get this implemented? Is it possible to get in touch with the original developer and discuss this issue? I would need this functionality for a project I’m working on where I have text and image data present in a database and (now) generate html code that could be imported with scribus.

Regards, Darius