[scribus] Getting my script into the distribution.

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 23:22:57 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> On 07/06/2015 02:27 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> > I have asked this question before. I have a
> > script for laying out a perfect bound book
> > cover. I would like to have it included in
> > current distributions such as 1.5.1 and/or 1.5.0.
> > I have posted it to my area on the web site.
> > Now how do I get it into the distros?
> >
> Speaking as someone who has written quite a number of scripts, and had
> just a few which were brought in as included scripts (and not my
> decision by the way), the sense I get is that there needs to be some
> sort of collective opinion that a particular script has a wide enough
> audience of users.
>
> It would be great if we heard some feedback from people using your
> script, who might make some suggestions for potential modifications.
> Otherwise you might be the only one using it, and you already have it.

There is an effort to standardize the process of testing, cataloguing,
indexing,
and importing scripts into Scribus. It's no small task. It's happening on
github:
https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-script-repository

Now that Craig has added the Resource Manager (
http://scribus.net/websvn/revision.php?repname=Scribus&path=%2F&rev=19821&peg=20234)
there is a way to actually
import script in to scribus. So we wouldn't necessarily need to bundle
scripts
in it.

Cheers,
/Kunda